The MRA Grant Opportunity
is one of the many benefits offered to members who belong to this dynamic professional organization dedicated to promoting lifelong literacy!
A downloadable grant application is available by clicking here.
Grant Evaluation Form
Other MRA Grants and Scholarships:
Berneeta Campbell Memorial Grant
Karen Lamb Scholarship
MRA Grant Program
Deadline: February 1, 2017
Grant applications must be digitally submitted by February 1st, 2017. Projects must be completed by the end of 2016-2017 school year.
To apply, download the application, filll it out and then send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Criteria and Point Values
NEEDS ASSESSMENT: Project demonstrates a need for the project. (20 pts.)
TARGET POPULATION: Target population is identified, along with the extent
to which the project benefits preschool through adult learners and involves parents, teachers, administrators, and the community. (20 pts.)
CREATIVITY: Project features a unique approach to promoting reading. (20 pts.)
OBJECTIVES: Project objectives are clear and are based on the needs of
the target population. (15 pts.)
PRACTICALITY: Project’s activities or results are related to programs within
the educational institution or the community. (15 pts.)
DISSEMINATION: The extent to which the project can be disseminated to
other MRA Members. (10 pts.)
1. Non-profit groups, schools and homeschools (represented by an MRA member) are eligible to apply.
2. Grant recipients must wait one year before reapplying.
3. Grant recipients must fulfill the following responsibilities:
* complete an evaluation form;
* recognize MRA on all materials and books supported by grant (a rubber stamp will be supplied for stamping books);
* submit an article to MRA Newsletter; Highlights about the grant project
-Note: we no longer require that applicants receive matching grants.