Twin Cities Area Reading Council (TCARC)
Saturday, April 22, 2017
We are very excited about the Lucy Calkins event TOMORROW, Saturday, April 22, and we are excited to meet you!
Doors open for registration, continental breakfast, and book sales at 7:30am. Event begins at 8:15 in the auditorium.
Sign-in - Main Lobby - Straight ahead as you enter
Continental Breakfast - Evergreen Room - Lower Level
Heinemann Book Sales - Museum Level -Second floor
Welcome, Presentation, Closing - Auditorium and Balcony
PLEASE NOTE: Mid-morning break will include refreshed continental breakfast in the Evergreen Room - lower level and Heinemann book sales - Museum Level
Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center
11411 Masonic Home Drive
Bloomington, MN 55437
Lucy Calkins TCARC Flyer.pdf
• Please consider making plans to carpool, if possible. Parking is limited. Overflow parking is available. Please see specific building location and parking maps. Please see location directions: > Get Directions
• If you are on the WAITLIST, you may register at the door with payment. If we reach standing room only, you may qualify for partial reimbursement.
• Please watch for an email on Saturday morning, April 22, with a link to the survey as well as educator and administrator CEU certificates.
• Please bring a device for accessing information. This is essentially a "paperless" event.
• Look for balloons marking venue entrance.
• Please assist others with locating empty seats as seating is limited.
• Listen for the tone as a reminder to be seated.
• Please remember to turn device sounds off and plan to respectfully remain in your seats during Lucy's presentation.
• NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE allowed in the auditorium.
• Extra lobby level designated women's restroom provided.
• If sign-in lines are long, consider eating breakfast first and then signing in.
• Auditorium and balcony seating are available.
• Note: Lucy Calkins is willing to sign books and take photos informally during break. She will leave immediately following her presentation.
Lucy Calkins' Heinemann Book Sales with Tracey Kubitz!
Museum Level - Second Floor
Heinemann, Minnesota Reading Association (MRA), and Leaders in Reading Network (LiRN) will join with TCARC to provide books, instructional kits, memberships as door prizes. You must be present to win.
Additional information: TCARC Webpage
• EXTRA BONUS! The Minnesota Masonic Heritage Center (our venue) Director, Keir Johnson, is generously offering our Lucy Calkins event registrants a group discounted rate of $44 per person for the Lorie Line concert the evening of April 22! Our venue cost is largely underwritten by the Lorie Line evening concert. Information: http://www.masonicheritagecenter.org/
If you are interested, please register at Lorie Line and enter promotion code: Reading (case sensitive) or contact Keir Johnson directly: (952) 948-6505 or Keir.firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Dr. Jillian Y. Maxe
Vice President: Sarah Haskett-Rutledge
Secretary: Beth Flottmeier
Treasurer: Neva Stoebner
Membership/Communications: (Open Position)
Past President: Kathy Fox
Twitter: Follow @TCReadCouncil
Twin Cities Area Reading Council Blog: